Peanut butter and banana… is there a better combo out there? I’m not sure you can convince me there is. 🙂
Plus this recipe fits into the 21 Day Fix meal plan= score!! There’s something so ooey, gooey delicious about warm peanut butter, am I right?So good!
Now I usually like to spread my carbs (yellow containers) and fruits (purple containers) throughout the day because they’re my favorite ones, but sometimes, the mood hits and you just have to have a snack like this scrumptious gem.
Here’s the breakdown on this easy recipe.
Peanut Butter and Banana Quesadilla
Yields one serving, equals 1 yellow, 1 purple, 1 tsp
- 1 small whole wheat tortilla
- 1 tsp all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 banana
- Heat skillet on medium heat.
- Spread thin layer of peanut butter on half of the tortilla.
- Slice banana and place on top of PB layer.
- Fold tortilla in half and cook on both sides till crisp.
- Cut into thirds with pizza cutter. Enjoy!
(One word of caution: be sure to pay special attention to the ingredients on your peanut butter jar. The only ingredient should read “peanuts.” The alternative jars can have so many added in artificial ingredients that are terrible for us. If you have trouble pronouncing an ingredient, I would suggest thinking twice about putting it in your body.)
Interested in a full 3-Week Meal Plan to take the stress out of meal planning? Learn more about our partnership with Eat the Chocolate meal planning!